what we offer
ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE AND DEMENTIA CARE SEMINARS
This is the required seminar for those who qualify and are pursuing Certified Dementia Practitioner Certification or just come for the KNOWLEDGE! Please go to nccdp.org for a CDP application. You will learn best practices for working with Alzheimer’s and Dementia patients in all aspects of care. Course includes: Click here for Seminar Schedule.
Lisa holds her Certified Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Trainer Certification thru the National Certified Council of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Practitioners. She is also an Activity Consultant-Board Certified/Educator, Activity
Consultant Certified thru the National Association of Activity Professionals Credentialing Center and an Activity Director Certified thru the National Certified Council of Activity Professionals.
Lisa enjoys speaking at all types of engagements in a wide variety of topics. She
has an extensive list that you may choose from which most have CEU hours already credentialed for them. Or she is happy to take your theme and work it into whatever topic you choose. She has had the opportunity to speak at state and national conventions the past several years.
As a nationally Certified Activity Consultant, Lisa has worked since 2012 consulting for long-term care, skilled nursing, assisted living and adult day care facilities throughout the state of Kansas. She also spends time privately consulting with families who have a loved one with early onset Alzheimer’s Disease or other diseases involving dementia.
Lisa’s passion for those living with Alzheimer’s Disease and suffering from different forms of Dementia became a reality for her two weeks before Christmas of 2016 when she was diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease. I multitude of testing and sleepless nights resulted in the reality of facing the long journey of what she was so passionate about helping others understand and helping them deal with and help others who were suffering. Now she is a “first-hand” ADVOCATE!
|Lisa and the attendees of the 2015 Annual ADAM Conference in Osage Beach, MO (Activity Directors Association of Missouri)
||Sandra Stimson, CEO of NCCDP and Lisa at 2016 NAAP Conference in Dallas, TX
consulting services include:
- Ensuring that Documentation Regulations are being met
- Confirming that each resident is receiving a quality, individualized Care Plan with attendance in those activities
- Guidance with Budgeting, Fund Raising, Volunteer Programs and facility team work
- Interviews with staff and residents to assure that the needs of the
residents are being met
- Verifying Resident Council Minutes, Progress Notes, Admission and Quarterly Assessments are timely
- Assist with program planning
- Advising on local and national activity resources and education
- Available via telephone and email seven days a week
- Communication Skills and More…
- An experienced Activity Director
- A Board Certified Activity Consultant
- A Certified Alzheimer’s Disease & Dementia Care Trainer
- A Past Board Member of the National Association of Activity Professionals
- Member of the Kansas Partnership to Improve Dementia Care
- An excellent resource for State and National Healthcare Leaders
Read testimonials of Seminars/Workshops presented by Lisa.
BRIGHTENING THE LIVES OF OTHERS!